As of today (Tuesday 24th March) Waitrose is introducing a 5 point action plan to keep you and their Partners safe as you continue to shop with us. These include:
– Limiting customer numbers: reduced number of people allowed in shops at any one time, plus new signage to help keep customers two metres apart.
– Dedicated marshals in the busiest shops: squads will manage queues at shop entrances before and during opening as well as prioritise NHS staff.
– New cleanliness measures and introduction of checkout screens: to protect customers and Partners from passing on infection.
– All Partners to be offered special protective visors: creating a protective guard between you and them.
– Cashless and contactless payment encouraged: to prevent unnecessary contact. Partners will help customers use the Quick Check self-service app. They’re also working to increase the ensure Contactless payment limit to £45.