Are those puzzle-solving minds working overtime this week, as you all tackle the Bill Tutte Codebreaker Trail?
Last week we distributed paintings across the town, giving you a little nudge in the right direction, and now we’ve listed a few more hints and tips to get you close to one of our two prizes.
So the clues are:
- THE FIRST – “GETTING CROSS – Firstly they are getting bigger”
- THE SECOND – “THE LOST ROMAN – You can always COUNT on a Roman”
- THE THIRD – “WHICH JOCKEYS BIRTHDAY – To Boldly Find a Name”
- THE FOURTH – “THE JOURNEY OF MANY STEPS – The First Step is the BRAIN, the Next step is the TRAIN”
- THE FIFTH – THE WORD GAME – Make Sure you go to her HOUSE not her COTTAGE”
With more clues on release each week, there’s still time to join in. Pick up one of the books, priced at £2, from any of the businesses listed below.. then get puzzling!
- Mountain Warehouse, Guineas Shopping Centre
- M&Co., High Street
- The Gallops Tea Room, The Island, Fred Archer Way
- Hughes Electrical, High Street
- My Fotoshop, High Street
- The Makers Shelf, Old Station Road
- Tindalls News, High Street
- Newmarket Library, Guineas Shopping Centre
- Moons Toy Store, High Street
- Studio Scribbles, Sun Lane
- Palace House Gift Shop, Palace Street
Work through the pages to locate the clues and numbers needed to crack the code. But fear not, this is not designed to be an easy task, so we will place 8 clues around the town of Newmarket, revealing a new one every Tuesday in the lead up to the deadline – just like this one!
We promise this is no easy feat. In fact we encourage as many minds to get involved, old and young, to see who can crack our mystery code the fastest. Deliver your entry forms to the Codebreakers Post Box, in the Guineas Shopping Centre on or by 27thAugust 2019. Winners will be announced on 30thAugust 2019. The first person to solve the trail will win £150 of vouchers to spend in the town, and a second place is up for grabs offering £100 of vouchers.
We’re proud to be donating 50% of the profits from this event to support our charity of the year, The GeeWizz Charitable Foundation. The charity helps and supports children and young people across West Suffolk, and is a charity we’re particularly proud to support with all our events in 2019.
Want to know more?
To find out more about The Bill Tutte Codebreaker Trail, click here.